In the year to March 2015 it took £163k (£152k excluding a one-off non-recurring cost) to provide our services to the community of south Edinburgh; Income for the period was £141k resulting in a loss of £22k (£11k excluding the one-off non-recurring item)
Funding comes from three main areas:
48% – City of Edinburgh Council and NHS Lothian.
34% – Self generated income (coffee shop, memberships, room rentals, and fundraising).
18% – Trusts, grants and donations including sponsors.
Download a copy of our Treasurer’s Report for 2014-5.
There are a number of ways you can help The Open Door financially;
- by donation. Go to our DONATE page and either send us a one-off donation or set up an arrangements to give us a regular amount. Remember that if you are a UK taxpayer donations can be gift-aided so the Government adds a bit.
- by using our Coffee Shop.
- by hiring one of our Rooms or renting our Display Window.
- by becoming a Member of The Open Door.
- by helping us as a Volunteer.
- by leaving us a Legacy in your will.
All money goes directly to the running of The Open Door.ASK US how else you can help