‘The Open Door aims to reduce isolation and loneliness by providing love, friendship, support, inclusion and a sense of community.’ Our Mission Statement
We provide vital support services to the elderly, those with additional support needs, those with mental health issues and the carers of such individuals.
Our objective is to reduce isolation and promote inclusion by providing:
- Social clubs and support services for older adults
- A popular community coffee shop that is open to all- 5 days a week
- Carer respite on a Saturday
- A Community centre for everyone
- Rooms for hire and window space to let
- A fully supported volunteer program
Read our story to find out how we started and how we have grown.
The Open Door Team
The Open Door has two full-time managers and several part-time members of staff. You can email some of them directly from this page.
- Joanne Dalton – Manager
- Kirsteen Powell – Day Care Service Manager
- Gemma Marwick – Fundraising, PR and Events Manager
- Sarah Irvine- Activities and volunteer co-ordinator
- Marcela Trsova – Activities co-ordinator
- Lynn McGonnell – Day Services Support Assistant
- Diane Callander – Coffee shop supervisor
- Lincoln Meredith- Caretaker
And many, many wonderful volunteers.
The Open Door Trustees
We are governed by a Board of voluntary Trustees who meet monthly to discuss issues and oversee the implementation of an agreed strategic plan.
Our current board members are:
Nigel Griffiths (chairman); Simon Jackson (treasurer); Val Smart; Mary Marek; Hazel Mclachlan; Euan Murray; Jean Thompson; Archie Cairns; Edith Maden
The Open Door Funding
We receive Funding through a number of channels. Our annual Financial Report is externally examined by Greenbank Chartered Accountants and provided to Companies House and the Charities Commission. You can receive a copy on request. Our Treasurer’s Report is a summary of the full Financial Report. Please see “Our funding” for more information.
The Open Door Registrations
The Open Door is a registered Scottish Charity and a company Limited by guarantee. We are inspected by the Scottish Care Inspectorate (SCSWIS.com). Click HERE, and enter our registration number CS2010250216 to see our most recent Report.